BMG Australasia Pty Ltd ABN 99 167 622 415 and its operating subsidiaries (together, BMG or We/we or Our/our or Us/us) is committed to respecting the privacy of your personal information.
This Privacy Statement explains our policy for dealing with personal information that we collect through the following channels (“Collection Channels”):
- our online properties (“Websites”), including:
- our websites, including, but not limited to http://www.bmgaus.com.au;
- any related BMG or client website, social media page, internal website, intranet and any BMG or client mobile or tablet applications;
- personal information provided to us by our clients, customers and service providers and personal information collected by us on behalf of our clients and customers as a result of the provision of professional services to our clients and customers; and
- any other means through which an individual provides personal information to BMG and its clients, including either physically or electronically.
Personal information is important to BMG
- We are committed to safeguarding personal privacy. We recognise that you have a right to control how your personal information is collected and is used. Providing personal information is an act of trust and it is taken seriously. Unless given consent to do otherwise, we will only collect and use personal information as set out in this Privacy Statement.
- Throughout this Privacy Statement, we refer to your 'personal information', which means information or an opinion about an identified individual, or an individual who is reasonably identifiable whether the information or opinion is true or not and whether the information or opinion is recorded in a material form or not. Your full name, gender, date of birth, home address, home telephone number, mobile telephone number, email address and workplace contact details are examples of information which may constitute personal information. Personal information may also include information we may collect about your individual preferences.
- BMG has developed and implemented its Privacy Statement with respect to personal information to reflect world best practice on privacy policies. These principles meet and exceed the requirements of the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (as amended) and the 13 Australian Privacy Principles.
- In order to keep up with changing legislation and best practice, we may revise this Privacy Statement at any time without notice. We will post any changes to this Privacy Statement on our Websites, so we encourage you to check this Privacy Statement from time to time.
- In addition to the provisions of this Privacy Statement, there may also be specific and additional privacy and consent provisions that apply to certain Collection Channels. Because those specific and additional provisions also relate to your privacy protection, we recommend that you review them wherever they appear. In the event of any inconsistency between the provisions of this Privacy Statement and those other specific and additional provisions, the specific and additional provisions will prevail.
Anonymity and pseudonymity
- Where practicable, we will allow you to deal with us on an anonymous or pseudonymous basis. If this is practicable, our Collection Channels will only seek information in this way. However, where it is not practicable for the purposes for which information is collected, we will seek the information identified below. It will not be practicable to deal with you on an anonymous or pseudonymous basis when we wish to send you direct marketing materials or need to provide you with goods or services requested by you.
Kinds of personal information that BMG collects and holds
- Personal information that may be requested includes, but is not limited to:
- contact information such as your full name, date of birth, telephone number, mobile telephone number, current and valid email address, residential address and postcode;
- your Apple AppStore and/or Google Play Store ID and your unique device identifier (UDID);
- your social media accounts and login details including usernames;
- location information;
- more detailed contact preferences;
- sensitive information about you;
- photographs of you;
- your occupation and information regarding your professional history and professional interests;
- information regarding your education and qualifications;
- information regarding your personal interests and interesting and relevant information about you;
- financial details including your bank account details and PayPal details;
- your online behaviour and interests based on your online browsing activity;
- information about your preferences, interests, and experiences with our products or services. This information is collected in order to tailor our communications to you and continuously improve our products and services;
- information about your experience with our products or services or third party products or services listed on a Website;
- your credit card details (where you purchase any products or services from us);
- the contact details of third parties. If you are asked to provide details about other people, please ensure that these individuals are happy for their details to be given to BMG and used for the purposes set out in this policy (which may include using their details for marketing purposes);
- any other personal information which you provide directly to us. Where you provide us with unsolicited personal information, we will retain this information where it falls within our primary purposes for collection of personal information (as stated in this Privacy Statement); and
- any other personal information requested or required by a Collection Channel.
- When you use a Website, we may also collect personal information about you in the following general categories:
- device information: we may collect information about your mobile device such as the hardware model, operating system, preferred language, UDID and mobile network; and
- other information: we may also collect and log information such as your IP address, access dates and times, browser type and pages visited when you interact with a Website.
- We will only collect sensitive information with your consent and where you provide it to us directly. Where you provide us with any sensitive information (including, but not limited to, information about your sexual orientation, religious beliefs, medical and/or criminal history), we will only use this information for the purposes stated at the time of collection and will only share this information with our trusted third parties in the manner stated on the Collection Chanel or in this Privacy Statement.
How BMG collects and holds personal information
- We will only collect or monitor any personal information about you with your consent including as provided in this Privacy Statement or if it is otherwise lawful to do so. The only personal information collected by us is what has been provided to or collected by us in accordance with this Privacy Statement or has been provided to us lawfully by third parties.
Active information collection
- Information may be collected (and combined) via our Collection Channels if you:
- have previously provided us with personal information prior to this Privacy Statement coming into effect, either directly from you personally or via a third party;
- sign-up and/or register to become a member of any Collection Channel;
- download and use a mobile and/or tablet application including any application developed by BMG;
- submit any content to or participate in any way via a Collection Channel, including engaging with other users or taking part in campaigns;
- subscribe to any newsletters, updates, alerts or news and media releases, or request launch or event information or information about our products or services or other information services as well as third party products or services;
- complete and submit any forms or applications to us;
- contact us directly in person or via any medium including mail, telephone, social media and commercial electronic messages (SMS (Short Message Service), MMS (Multimedia Message Service), IM (Instant Messaging) and email) including via the contact details listed on a Website;
- participate in any offers, promotions or marketing activities;
- interact with a Website for a specific purpose;
- interact with or browse a Website generally; or
- if you are a business we trade with, information included in a credit application.
- Personal information is requested in order to allow you to participate in a Collection Channel, to facilitate or provide you with certain content, products or services, and information about such content, products or services (including the uploading, access to, and receipt of content on a Website, and purchase transactions undertaken on a Website), marketing materials (including direct marketing materials), newsletters, electronic newsletters (e-newsletters), news and media releases / launch information, and also to advise you of other BMG or third party opportunities and products, services, offers, competitions or events which may be of interest. No one is obligated to provide personal information. However, failure to do so may result in you being unable to participate in a Collection Channel and BMG being unable to facilitate or provide you with certain content, products or services, products or services information, upcoming opportunities and promotion, competition, offer or event information or accept competition entries or other content from you (where applicable).
- We may also obtain your personal information from legitimate third party sources including social media channels, list brokers and other data providers or organisations that share data in circumstances where it is lawful and/or you have given permission for them to do so. If you are a representative of a business we trade with, we may also obtain your credit history information from a credit reporting body, and trade history information from references you provide us with.
- The collection of personal information is neither intended for, nor directed to, persons who are under the age of sixteen (16) years old. Personal information of any person who is known by BMG to be under the age of sixteen (16) will not be collected without the consent of a parent or legal guardian. Persons under age sixteen (16) may only use our Websites with the involvement and consent of a parent or legal guardian.
Passive Information Collection
- As with many commercial websites and mobile and tablet applications, we may also collect information which tells us about visitors to our Websites. For example, we may collect information about the date, time and duration of visits and which pages of a Website are most commonly accessed. This information is generally not linked to the identity of visitors, except where a Website is accessed via links in an email we have sent or where we are able to uniquely identify the device or user accessing a Website. By accessing a Website via links in an email we have sent and/or by accessing a Website generally including when you are logged into an account, you consent to the collection of such information where it is personal information.
- Our Websites may use and combine such passively collected anonymous information or personal information and/or information from various third party sources, including as described in paragraph 16, and may combine this anonymous information or personal information with other personal information collected from you to provide better service to Website visitors and users, customise a Website based on your preferences, compile and analyse statistics and trends, provide you with relevant advertising when you visit a Website or a third party website, and otherwise administer and improve a Website for your use. We may combine your visitor session information or other information collected through tracking technologies with personally identifiable information from time to time in order to understand and measure your online experiences and to determine what products, promotions and services are likely to be of interest to you. By accessing a Website, you consent to information about you being collected, compiled and used in this way.
- For more information about cookies and how you can opt out, you can visit http://www.youronlinechoices.com.au/.
Purposes for which BMG collects, holds, uses and discloses personal information
- Personal information collected will be used for the following primary purposes:
- for the purposes for which it was collected (as advised in this Privacy Statement);
- for the purposes stated in a privacy collection statement on a particular Collection Channel;
- to maintain the functionality of a Website, including the provision of information to you relating to the content available on the Website and e-commerce transactions conducted via the Website;
- to send you any technical, administrative or legal notices important to our Websites;
- to allow you to create an account, sign in and use the functionality of a particular Collection Channel including the BMG Platform;
- to allow you to respond to opportunities, briefs or campaigns created by other users of a Collection Channel;
- to allow you to publish posts to your social media channels via a Collection Channel.
- to facilitate payments from you and to you via a Collection Channel.
- to provide you with information about your transactions (including uploading, access to, and receipt of content on a Website, and purchase transactions undertaken on a Website), content, services and products;
- to provide direct marketing materials, events, special offers, competitions and promotions in person and via any medium including mail, telephone and commercial electronic messages (SMS (Short Message Service), MMS (Multimedia Messaging Service), IM (Instant Messaging), email) or any other form of electronic, emerging, digital or conventional communications channel;
- to provide you with relevant advertising when you use our Websites or those of a third party;
- to maintain our relationship with you;
- to render services related to BMG (such as after sales services and enquiries);
- to provide you with newsletters via mail and electronic newsletters (e-newsletters) via commercial electronic messages;
- to respond to customer enquiries, complaints and complaints handling;
- to improve Website and system administration;
- to obtain opinions or comments about products and/or services and to conduct other research and development;
- to record statistical data for marketing analysis and to conduct market research;
- to share personal information with our group companies, our promotional partners, trusted brands using a particular Collection Channel and their related bodies corporate and agents, and other trusted third parties in the manner described below;
- if you are a business we trade with, to carry on our trading relationship with you including identifying and contacting you, invoicing your correctly, assessing the risks of providing credit to you or your business, and securing and recovering any debts owed to us; or
- any other purpose as may be deemed reasonably necessary by BMG in the circumstances.
- For the purposes described above, personal information may be shared with BMG group companies, BMG promotional partners and their related bodies corporate, and other trusted third parties (and their directors, servants and agents) either in Australia or overseas. Failure to provide personal information may result in BMG being unable to provide you with certain content, information, upcoming opportunity, promotion, event or product information and/or accept content and promotion entries (where applicable).
- In order to operate a Website or deliver a service (including for example, processing of credit card payments), personal information may also be shared with BMG group companies, selected service providers and their related bodies corporate, and/or other trusted third parties either in Australia or overseas. BMG group companies, selected service providers and/or other trusted third parties may be engaged by BMG to perform a variety of functions, such as legal and accounting services, data storage, fulfilling orders, conducting market research, processing credit card payments, assisting with promotions and providing technical services for our Websites. These companies may have access to personal information if needed to perform such functions. Your credit card details are only used to facilitate your payment. They are not used for any other purpose and will never be supplied to a third party other than BMG or our relevant service provider. If you are a business we trade with, we may disclose your information to debt recovery agents or credit reporting bodies if necessary.
- BMG recognises the trust with which you provide personal information, and except as stated in this Privacy Statement or as is otherwise lawful, such information will not be used or disclosed for any other purposes without consent. However, BMG reserves the right to use or disclose any information, including personal information, as needed to satisfy any law, regulation or legal request, to protect the rights or property of BMG, any member of the BMG group, or any member of the public, to protect the integrity of a Website, to fulfil your requests, or to cooperate in any law enforcement investigation or an investigation on a matter of public safety.
Contact by BMG
- BMG group companies (and their directors, servants and agents), BMG promotional partners and their related bodies corporate or trusted third parties (including users of a Collection Channel) and other selected service providers and other non-BMG companies or professionals either in Australia or overseas, may contact you via telephone, SMS (Short Message Service), MMS (Multimedia Messaging Service), IM (Instant Messaging), email, post or any other form of electronic, emerging, digital or conventional communications channel using the information provided in order to contact you in respect of the primary purposes for collection of personal information as stated above.
- BMG does not send advertising or marketing information without obtaining prior consent, for example the consent contained within this Privacy Statement, or as is otherwise lawful. If you receive communications from BMG which you do not wish to receive, you may remove your name from the database in the manner indicated in the communication, including by utilising the functional unsubscribe/opt-out facility (if the communication is via commercial electronic message) or by contacting BMG at the contact details in this Privacy Statement. Please allow 30 days for this request to be processed.
- Despite removing your name from the database from receiving future advertising and marketing information, BMG may send you non-commercial “Administrative Emails”. Administrative Emails relate to a BMG user account and may include administrative and transaction confirmations, requests and inquiries or information about a particular BMG user account. If you do not wish to receive such communications from BMG, you may remove your name from the database by utilising the functional unsubscribe facility.
Ability of others to view information
- BMG may provide areas on a Website where you can upload user-generated content, post or provide information about yourself, communicate with other users including commercial users and brands, provide reviews for content, products and/or services, utilise functionalities that allow you to post content to your own social media channels, or interact with or vote on particular content. This information may be shared with others and may be publicly posted on our Websites, including without limitation, other social media platforms and other public forums in which you choose to participate. This information may become publicly available and may be read, collected and used by others either on our Websites or outside of our Websites. BMG is not responsible for the conduct of others who may read, collect and use this information.
Your right of access
- You have the right to access and review your personal information that may be recorded on the BMG database. Information may be reviewed by contacting BMG’s privacy officer at the contact details contained in this Privacy Statement. Please allow 30 days for this request to be processed.
- On a case by case basis BMG may determine that it is not required to give an individual access to personal information to the extent that it is lawful for BMG to do so. If such a determination is made then BMG will provide you with a written notice.
- Where you are seeking information held on electronic file, or where you are seeking hard copies of personal information, we reserve the right to charge reasonable handling/ postage fees as appropriate.
- With some personal information that may be stored, for example where it is held on program tapes, it is not practical to provide this information to you without charging an appropriate fee as we deem reasonable in those circumstances.
Changing and deleting the information we have about you
- Information contained on the database may be amended, or your preferences for contact from us changed, by contacting BMG’s privacy officer at the contact details contained in this Privacy Statement. Please allow 30 days for this request to be processed.
- In the same way, a request may be made to delete personal information, and all reasonable steps to delete the information will be made, except where it is required for legal reasons. Deletion of information may result in BMG being unable to facilitate or provide you with information about certain transactions (including the uploading, access to, and receipt of content on a Website, and purchase transactions undertaken on a Website), other content, services or product information, upcoming promotion, competition or event information, and/or provide certain content, goods or services.
- We are not responsible for removing your personal information from the lists of any third party who has previously been provided your information in accordance with this policy.
Storage and security of personal information
- BMG will endeavour to take all reasonable steps to keep secure any personal information recorded (including your credit card details), and to keep this information accurate, up to date, complete and relevant. We ensure only those necessary have access to your personal information. Personal information is stored on secure servers that are protected in controlled facilities. This service may be performed on our behalf and data may be hosted by our selected data storage providers. In some cases these facilities may be overseas.
Disclosure of personal information to overseas recipients
- In some cases, BMG may disclose your personal information to overseas recipients, including but not limited to including, but not limited to, your professional information, contact details and transactional data (if applicable). BMG employees, data processors and other trusted third parties are obliged to respect the confidentiality of any personal information held by BMG. However, security of communications over the Internet cannot be guaranteed, and therefore absolute assurance that information will be secure at all times cannot be given. BMG will not be held responsible for events arising from unauthorised access to personal information.
BMG and links to other websites
- Our Websites may, from time to time, contain links to the websites of other organisations which may be of interest to you. Their inclusion cannot be taken to imply any endorsement or validation by us of the content of the third party website. Linked websites are responsible for their own privacy practices and you should check those websites for their respective privacy statements. BMG is not responsible, nor does it accept any liability, for the conduct of companies linked to our Websites.
- We may use third party advertisements on our Websites. All third party advertising, if paid for, is paid for by the relevant third party advertisers and are not recommendations or endorsements by BMG or any of its affiliates. BMG is not responsible for the content (including representations) of any third party advertisement on a Website. Cookies may be associated with these advertisements to enable the advertiser to track the number of anonymous users responding to the campaign. We do not have access to or control of cookies placed by third parties.
Related BMG Websites
- All Websites operated by BMG will adhere to this Privacy Statement. The policies on the Websites of some members of the BMG group may vary, however, because of local customs, practices or laws.
Sale of the company
- If BMG merges with, or is acquired by, another company, or sells all or a portion of its assets, your personal information may be disclosed to our advisers and any prospective purchaser’s adviser, and may be among the assets transferred. However, personal information will always remain subject to this Privacy Statement.
Problems or queries
- If you have any questions about our Privacy Statement, or any problems or complaints about how we have collected, used, stored, handled and/or disclosed your personal information, please contact our privacy officer via one of the following channels:
|Address:||BMG Australasia Pty Ltd, 214 Park Street, South Melbourne 3205|
- Please allow 30 days for this request to be processed. If you do not receive a satisfactory response from BMG to your query, problem or complaint within 30 days, you may refer your query, problem or complaint to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner via the contact details listed at http://www.oaic.gov.au/about-us/contact-us-page.